Trial Raid Team Merger with Gothic Silence

News posts from the front page

Moderator: Management

Trial Raid Team Merger with Gothic Silence

Postby Thanatros » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:41 pm

Hey folks!

I had meant to get this up a while ago, but it always slipped my mind, so apologies for that.

The observant among you will have noticed that Wednesday 15th February's raid has a fair few more players on the invite list than usual. The reason for this, as the title of this post suggests, is that we are currently trialing a raid team merger with the guild Gothic Silence.

I'm sure you are all aware of our own struggles with a stable roster, and we certainly haven't got the breathing room we'd like to maintain solid raiding throughout Nighthold and beyond. As such, we'd been in discussion with our previous sister guilds such as Wicked and Dragonclaw Mercenaries looking to bolster our ranks on the nights we need it.

We were then contacted by the Gothic Silence guild last week, who are in a similar position in terms of raid team size, and general progress in raiding. Following a very amicable and fruitful discussion with their raid leader, we agreed to to proceed with a trial week of merged raid teams.

I assembled the following notes on the discussion, please feel free to take a look if you are curious:
Raid Team Merger Info.

For some context on the guild itself, it was formed back in 2010 by the current GM (Katfairy-Steamwheedle Cartel) and has been a social guild that raids since. From the discussion I've personally had with both Kat and their RL, we have similar mindsets on raiding in general, and well aligned goals for the merger.

Now, onto the raiding itself. Most of this is in the document I linked above, but for the lazy:
- Invites handled via in-game calendar : No change for us, just a few more names on the list.
- Raid leading to be split : Myself and Levimon (GS' RL) will be sharing the raid leading responsibility to start with. On Wednesday, he'll be taking the reins, and I will do Monday for this week. This is to get an idea of our raid leading methods and hopefully we can work together to improve in general.
- Voice Comms via Discord : I would strongly recommend downloading the app, but you can connect through browser if that takes your fancy. The following is a link to the GS discord channel; we will be using this for comms on Wednesday - it is required: https://discord.gg/2dVavpB
- Personal Loot : No change here

I have been informed that the GS tank/healers are not flexible to DPS at the moment, so we may have to do the heavy lifting initially depending on attendance.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask me directly, or if you'd like to speak directly to the Gothic Silence GM/RL, I can pass you the details.

I hope everyone is as excited as we are to trial this out!

Thanatros
-For Sworn Management
かたわ 少女
なに おもう と おしえて もらえます か Can you tell me what you think?
あなた自身のために立ち上がる できますか Can you stand up for yourself?
私が見るものを見る できますか Can you see what I see?
日 つかむ できます か Can you seize the day?
あなたの 恐れ 向く できますか Can you face your fears?
Thanatros
Management

Re: Trial Raid Team Merger with Gothic Silence

Postby Andrijavas » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:19 pm

Few notes no more priest in the raid and does this mean i cant drink while raiding ?
Andrijavas
Champion

Postby Grelliena » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:17 pm

I got a question that is important to me. I am generally not able to raid Wednesdays, or at least not from the start. How do they feel about people generally only attending one night? Or possibly joining a bit later than official start?
Grelliena
Peon

Postby Thanatros » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:45 pm

They're not strict on attendance requirement Grell, like us they understand that RL is more important, and part of the reason for the merger is to allow people to not have to raid every single time!

On the late joining front, that's a point I will raise with their leaders to see if we can come to an agreement - I imagine with advanced notice it will be fine, but I'm going to be less tolerant on unannounced late arrivals.
かたわ 少女
なに おもう と おしえて もらえます か Can you tell me what you think?
あなた自身のために立ち上がる できますか Can you stand up for yourself?
私が見るものを見る できますか Can you see what I see?
日 つかむ できます か Can you seize the day?
あなたの 恐れ 向く できますか Can you face your fears?
Thanatros
Management

Postby Grelliena » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:54 pm

Thanks Than! And I'll ofc let you know ahead of time, but I hope it means I can join more often then. :)
Grelliena
Peon

Return to News